My first Job is Teaching

Imagine yourself having graduated from college and the most common though one should answer is: Where will you be after this one time big event in our life?. It was definitely the question that came into the deepest of my mind and no matter how i thoroughly searched the corners - my brain simply responds to the request of saying "It is unidentified. It can't be found on the memory storage".

Upon realizing that there is something missing, that lead me to decide to take another course right after the graduation. My parents wants me to take masters or any course I want, and for me who is unsure of what job to do or what profession should be my choice - taking education subjects is the be resort to keep myself intact. Being a Psychology graduate must have given me a broad of options that approach-approach conflict keeps lingering in my being. The thought of having everything at one single shot is a way of a lazy man and I am a lazy. To cut it short, I chose to rest from school and be on a vacation starting the second semester of 2010.

Melancholy has always been next on my steps and I wonder where can I draw my motivation - simply my mind could't comprehend the reason for my existence. I realized why existentialist was able to come up with their theories. =D Finally, an opportunity that was presented to me to become a substitute teacher in Iligan Medical Center College (IMCC). My daily routine at home was watching cable tv, reading Narnia, posting on Facebook and I sometimes during the day, I will go to our rice fields to guard the birds who were trying to eat the seeds on the plots. Having a break from a boring routine, I rushed to Iligan City and prepared for my application letter and resume.

The Teaching Demonstration:

Applying for a first job must have given me real tension and so I prepared for it. I had my power point presentation and in case there will be a black out, I printed the templates of my slides and photocopied it. My English III Teacher once told us that we need to "Fake it til' we make it" and so, I just have to act confidently. First time can be really difficult especially if you failed to prepare for it but fortunately, I did my homework.

First Day:
Me and the IMCC CAS Faculty (1st Day Feb 3, 2011)
My first day was really exciting yet terrifying. They say first impressions last, and at least now, i believed in that particular idea. Must have been a blessing in heaven when I started my job with a Mass. There is the College Celebration and so they included it as part of the ritual. The teachers i met were extremely friendly and welcoming. I really admire us  Filipino's for our "Pakikipagkapwa". As if a feast was ready and prepared to be set as a welcoming party for me ( was just assuming it was for me but it was actually for the Priest and faculty).

Some tips when Applying for a First Job as a Teacher:
1. Be Confident. Believe in yourself that you can. What your mind can conceive and believe - you can achieve. Fake it til' you make it.
2. Do your homework. Whatever job you are applying, you must prepare for it, just like researching about the company/institution. Prepare for a teaching demonstration wherein you best know the subject matter. Sometimes, they don't ask you to prepare for a lesson plan or any presentation and will just give you the topic and the time to prepare on the same day as you were called for interview.
3. Rest and take a break. Unwind before any job interview to rest your mind and body especially when you need to take psychological exams as part of the evaluation. Also, you mind might not work more efficiently during interview if you don't sleep well.
4. Take courage. First time is always difficult and uneasy since you don't know or know a little about what will be happening. Always remember, unless you try, you'll never know what will happen. 
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Simply Francis - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger