Bayug Island: A Hidden Beauty Beyond The Ruins II

I retraced my way because it was a dead end. I was afraid to get lost on the small island so I carefully looked into the marks that I remembered passing through. The sunset is nearing and I want to reach the shore before It breaks.
 You'll find lots of crosses around the grassy surroundings. The scenery is very piercing to the heart. Most of the people living in this island are still missing. Some must have remained hopeful to find their loved ones.
 Finally, I found my way to the main road. The locals in the area said it's still a far and long trek to reach the shore. On the roadside are growing bananas covered by thick greens which resembles an abandoned farming site.
 Along the path were abandoned houses; ruins of that one cold evening.
 
Almost nearing the destination, I remember a very familiar place. It was the site where we usually ride a banca to cross from Bayug Island to the Orchids Village to get a jeepney ride back to the City. The river has widened and the rip rapping was gone. On the other side were people planting Mangroves. It was indeed a devastation and now we're trying to restore what was lost.

On the side where I took the picture where you can find these memory landmarks. Lot's of crosses that resembled a graveyard .







I again paused for a while then continued to find my way to see the beautiful shore. 
And finally I my long wait was over. An amazing scenery. And this is what lies ahead of the ruins. Exploring Bayug Island made me realize a lesson. We all travel a river filled with a wonderful journey. The journey may sometimes be tuff, the water may sometimes be calm - but -  whatever happens we all go back to the sea.




NOTE: If there are any information written on this post which you think is inappropriate or lacking, please email me at ebardofrancisalain@gmail.com. This is the Author's experience of going Bayug Island and some people I met along the road.

This is part of the Iligan to 1 Series. What happened to 1 year after Sendong? A blogger report through his visit to different relocation sites and places,  and interview with some Iliganons. Like my page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ItsSimplyFrancis

Share this article :

+ Comments + 2 Comments

Anonymous
February 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

very nice indeed

Anonymous
June 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Once creating really give thought to what you are doing and do not
leave. Suffice to say, upturn protectors put out a second efforts: They will be literally just the tools for reducing your own personal females potential charges .
Vehicles alternatively relies upon the shopper by his own.


Also visit my website; pizza toaster oven ()

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Simply Francis - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger