My GCC Story

"He is gifted with a facilitating skill in class." -  a comment made by my cooperating teacher during my practice teaching in Values Education.

I was a bit flattered by the remarks Maam Bontia written on my suggestion notebook. A bit stunned by such, I was reaffirmed that my four years in college taking up Psychology made me a better person. But, there was a greater emotion that I felt inside that made my heart burn. It's my Guidance and Counseling Center Family who made that very significant impact in my life.

Looking back, it was August 12-13, 2006 and it seems like it was just yesterday when I meet those very inspiring and loving batchmates. My cohorts were actually very excellent students during their high school and It was a bit overwhelming when I discovered that they were called by their respective Guidance Counselors - I was the only trainee who applied to be an SPF. I am indeed a DREAMER.

Being an SPF won't be complete without joining College Life Symposiums, Drug Symposiums Hearts Forum and Senior's Week Activities. You will never forget your first time to do impromptu  speeches, icebreakers, action songs, leading a prayer or the national anthem and sometimes your the immediate Masters of Ceremony. It taught me to be flexible and be more confident. And after these activities, you will surely experience a food treat at the office. Group Dynamics Activities, Boarding House Visits, Enrollment Student Assistance and bonding moments at the office fueled my passion to serve.

Do you know how to make an activity permit? It will always be part of the fun. You  should join the suki club of the Department of Student Affairs! OVCAA, PPD, Janitorial Services,and  the Security Office are the places you will discover. You should mark your calendars for the Planning activities , Acquaintance Parties, Christmas Parties and Birthday Parties! And when you finally finish college, you shouldn't miss the Alay sa Graduates activity.

Now, it has been been five years ago since I officially joined the family. Without all the GCC family's constructive criticisms, the encouragements and support, my life won't be complete.

Being an SPF is a tough journey. There might be times when you feel like giving up because of too much academic pressure but one thing you all should know -  "The office floor was not yet covered w/ tiles, the Guidance Counselor's didn't have yet their own office cubicles, the glass door was still made of wood. In short, there has been lots of changes that had occurred in the office over the years but one thing remains constant." - The GCC Family will always be there to welcome you with arms wide open.

The Weekend of August 27-28, 2011 is a mark for the Learning Assistant Volunteers and Student Peer Facilitators. Its a start of a new chapter in your life but one thing is true - "You will have your own story serving as LAV/SPF". As for me, this is my GCC Story.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Simply Francis - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger