Ideas are Bullet Proof: Let your Ideas Change the World

Photo Credits to British Council Philippines


"Everything begins with an idea, let your ideas change the world" 

It's an unforgettable quote during my third year high school. It was in front of us, above the chalk board where we could easily be reminded of its value and meaning. Recently I bumped to a posting about the British Council's  "I am a Changemaker:Ideation Camp". I reposted it on my blog because I wanted others to know about this opportunity. I browsed the links and asked myself, "Do I have an idea that can change the world?". The question echoed on my mind like the Last Song Syndrome (LSS). 

Identifying the Problem:

For the past years that I have been joining some organizations, one of the problems that I had experience was the lack of resources whether it maybe financial or knowledge/skill resource. It also came to me that the youth has: 
1.      Limited Information on Opportunities for Youth to participate: a. to develop skills,intelligence and interests , and, b. to build on their chosen advocacy.
2.      Limited Resources  in terms of fund generation, knowledge-sharing and capacity building.
3.      Limitied Networks for Youth to partner, cooperate and collaborate in reaching the same goal.


Addressing the Problem: 

My thoughts lead me to this solution. Why not develop a web –based Youth Organization Networking Site that enables them to gain Information, gather resources and build Networks? 

So then, I tried to learn how to make a business plan. It's kind of funny for me as a Psychology Graduate and took up an Education Certificate Course to be learning something about it. But It has become part of the things that I value in life, "I learn so I can give more to others.". 

My Fears:

I am indeed a very low self-esteemed person. What if I made a mistake? What if this idea is already present? Is it really feasible? Will I be able to make it? Is it really important? And maybe, it's fun to make a mistake after all because eventually I will learn. Maybe it's great that the idea has been done  or present because it was able to help more people for a long time now. 



I thank the people who supported this idea and who believed that it can change the way things as they were. Yesterday, I just arrived home , and today I will be leaving again. I hope that when I return, I have something to share and would grow more on the way I approach things. I only have an idea with me. They say Ideas are bullet proof - let your ideas change the world. 



Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Simply Francis - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger