Frustrations and Purpose


A friend recently shared on his post on Facebook about his frustration during his travel. He was left by his flight because the departure schedule was different from what he thought it was. It reminded me way back 2006 about a frustrating experience I had. I actually posted it on friendster blogs but I failed to transfer to blogger. So here was the story of how our bad experiences libirates us or others.

It was around last week of July 2006, I was a first year college student living in an apartment with 2 other  boys and 4 girls. We call our place the Pinoy Big Brother House. They all call me dad and they would often take my hand and do the “Mano Po” but I’m very comfortable about it.


One of the nights of July, I slept around 10 PM as usual and i left my phone on the plug inside  our room on the second floor. And when I woke up, I couldn’t find my phone only to realize that during that night, they invited a woman inside because she said that someone was chasing her. My roomates helped her out of good belief. The sad part was she stole the phone. I was indeed frustrated especially that being away 8 hours from my hometown , how am I going to connect with my family? On the lighter side,  I had always believed that God has a purpose for everything. I told my mom what happened and I also had forgiven my friends on what happened.


Few days, I was in shock to discover that my two uncles living around 2 hours away came to check me out in our apartment. My father misunderstood what happened to me on our apartment during the night  that woman took it. They were thinking that group of robbers came to us. I actually laughed a bit but was deeply touched on how loving my family is to come by and to see that I’m ok. Before they left, they asked me to visit them. They even gave me money to pay the bus ride.

I did went to their hometown during the weekend. I had so much fun reminscing my  childhood days. It has been years since I visited Salvador, Lanao del Norte. Its more than 2 hours away from Iligan City where I study and 10 hours from my hometown , Bayugan Agusan del Sur. 

The day before I went home, my Aunt Ligaya  told me that my Grandmother and my other Aunt G had long  been not talking to each other. They were having a cold war for few months now. She continued her story about why did it happen.  My father called my Aunt G about the stolen phone incident and because of that, she went to my grandmother to tell the bad news. Because of what happened , they started talking again. If my phone was not stolen, then must have been that their long cold war continued for ages.
I was on the bathroom preparing to go back to Iligan City. I was so inspired because finally God showed me the reason behind why my phone was stolen. I lost a material thing and God granted healing in my family. As I continued taking a bath, I overheard my aunt G and Grandmother talking outside. I slightly peeked in the bathroom window and tears flooded my eyes. They were tears of joy and gladness.

We may be experiencing tough times or even frustrating moments, but I believe, that God has a purpose for everything. We just have to be open to His leading. He is never wrong. “All things work for good for those who love God and for those who are called according to his purpose.” –Romans 8:28

It has been a long time since I had written it on my blog. Praise God Indeed! May He be glorified! J
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Simply Francis - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger