Honesty sets us free

Ever since my teacher in technical writing (when I was second year high school ) aught me about Free Hand Writing, I started keeping a journal. I find it a way to express my thoughts and feelings which gives me relief and comfort aside from praying. There was a time when I noticed my mother reading it and I remember I had an entry written about my puppy love or they say crush and that actually made me mad and at some point I stopped writing on it, instead, I often post my entries in a blog at friendster. I guess mothers sure have their ways to look over their children up to the point of personal privacy?

During college, I intended to continue putting journal entries in a blue log book which I carry with me wherever I go. I always find it an avenue to reflect on the events that occurred throughout the day and gives me details on what to do the next day together with my planner. Journal writing is like a time machine in my hands. Whenever I feel sad, I usually look back by reading entries on what I have done the past year of the same day. I noticed how I have grown as a person though sometimes it reminds me of those mistakes I did that affected my self esteem until now.


When I think of movie :The Notebook" or when I thought of Alzheimer or maybe amnesia I always say to myself, it would be handy knowing I have my time capsule.


Today,  I may not religiously write daily in my friendly notebook unlike before but I always make sure to write whenever I find spare time. I don't want to forget those people whom I meet , the experiences we had and the blessings I received.

I'm happy to accept that what I had chosen lead me to where I am right now. Lately, I came to understand better about being honest to myself. Sometimes I prefer to write only the good events and happenings , thus, usually denies reality. Finding this fault, I knew that Honesty will set me free.


When we don't like reality , we tend to lie to ourselves , but, only when we accept the truth that reality hurts so much , then we began to change what is present to what we want it to be. :)


Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Simply Francis - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger